Shade's Culture

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the possibility of a social agreement. That inspired some great discussion offline and was able to put this together. Hate to link another forum post on a forum post but it seems everyone who is interested in Shade Culture would be very interested in this :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Delivery of truth <---------------x----> Emphasis on truth
    *Emphasis on truth absolutely. Real facts, not hopium, shilling and pandering to a louder opponent. that said, respect and tact always. Many will be quiet on a facts based topic because someone louder is being agressive, but I would encourage a culture that does not ignore truth for the sake of getting along. Any party should be able and encouraged to explain their stance, all parties should keep it civil. *
  • Everyone is an expert <---------------x—> Qualified expert
    Everyone is not an expert, they should be invited to learn, but treating everyone as an expert based on nothing will spell disaster, hands down
  • Open platform <----------x---------> Exclusive platform
    *Decentralized organization should be open, at certain levels to all. How else to bring new blood to the community? owever, there needs to be some exclusivity. vote power should be based on something, and all decisions can not be made by all parties. i think the trick here is to organize talents to where they can do the most good. *
  • SHD is worth present value <----------x---------> SHD is worth future value
    *The value is both the present and future. when considering, it should always be under the lense of the situation. Present value is obvious when I am purchasing it right now, I am paying the present price. But if I am working on a project for shade, if I can be paid in SHD, that is attractive to me because I am looking at the future value. As a protocol, we should be mindful of both and be discerning about where the present price is in relation to potential future value when spending from the treasury. try to spend SHD during bull runs and uptrends, try to spend other tokenss during down trends. There will need to be some expert input or realistic viewpoint as to what future value is however.
  • Time invested <-------x------------> Wealth invested
    I believe both are very important to success. However as the saying goes, time is money. And money allows people to buy time. I leave a slight emphasis on time over wealth because i think someone putting time into creating quality content, onboarding, and so on is a major avenue of bring more wealth into the equation, as well as ore value over all to the project and community, where as only having wealth in the ecosystem does not necessarily bring more in, unless the above is also in place. ( that said, there is a point to be made regarding the old saying “you need money to make money”.)
2 Likes