Before jumping into the concept for the project, I want to share that this is offered with an open hand. In my experience in the Secret community, there isn’t a comparable precedent for a project like this. And although the feedback I’ve heard so far is positive, I understand it is possible that community will feel that a unique project of this magnitude is too much, too soon. That’s ok. I trust the voice of our community to discern whether or not this would be of high value.
Below is an outline for a community brand known as Silk Roads. The mission is to drive and document the story of SILK’s adoption.
In order to accomplish this, Silk Roads will execute on two primary strategies:
- Cultivate on-the ground partnerships with accelerators/incubators and VC’s in developing and/or economically vulnerable communities by:
a) Understanding how the utility of SILK can best serve the needs of entrepreneurs and their local communities
b) Creating resources that contextualize the benefit of SILK to these parties once relationship has been established
c) Providing community education, training, and coaching related to SILK and related applications for these stakeholders
d) Helping embed SILK in these local communities so that there are deep economic roots growing it’s daily utility
- Tell these stories through a professional-grade, full-length documentary released in Spring 2023 in addition to regular Medium posts and interaction with the Shade Protocol community
Please read the (Silk Roads Whitepaper - Google Docs) for additional research and thought surrounding these particular strategies.
Key Deliverables and Timeline
- Bi-monthly Medium posts and project updates (beginning mid-July)
- Community access to decks and tools created for partners (ongoing)
- Full-length documentary (notes below)
- Shareable film trailer in March ‘23
- Shade Community premiere event in April-May ’23
Film Summary: What Money Wants (working title)
Our world is in the middle of an economic revolution as the technology of money is reimagined. Many believe we are experiencing a new separation of state and money just as we did with state and religion.
What Money Wants explores the two very different visions underneath Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC’s) and decentralized stablecoins — specifically SILK. The future hangs in the balance between these two ideologies.
See how thought leaders, protocol builders, and government officials are evaluating these two divergent paths and why it matters for all of us.
Witness the stories of local entrepreneurs across the globe who are managing their business with SILK and present its case for being the most stable asset on earth.
What does money want?.. It depends who built it. And in the end, there just might be choice for all of us to make about what is truly valuable and what we choose to call money.
- Produced 14+ pieces of video and written content for Shade Protocol
- 10 years in video production, 4 years freelance videographer and one year as Creative Director for a non-profit
- 14 years as an Executive Coach with added experience in social impact consulting
- 2x founder (both non-profit and small business)
- 5x published author
- Doctorate in communication skills and contextualization
Grant Ask (July 15, 2022 - April 15, 2023)
- Production (including location travel and filming expenses) - $73,200
- Post-Production - $10,500
- Partnership Funding - $6,000
Grant Total = $89,700 (11,019 tokens @ 8.14/ea)